Ingredients to use:
1 inch portions of 2 c sirloin tips
1 diced yellow onion
1 crushed clove of garlic
1/4 tsp of pepper
2 tsp of olive oil
2 c sliced mushrooms
1 tbsp of flour
1/2 tsp of dried thyme
1/3 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 c of red wine
1.5 c of beef broth
3 c of egg noodles
2 tbsp of parsley
1. Take the beef cubes and brown them in olive oil using medium heat.
2. To ensure even browning, keep turning the cubes occasionally.
3. Put the onions, followed by cooking the same for about three minutes to bring out fragrance.
4. Add the garlic and mushroom and decrease heat a bit; then cook for about 4 minutes by stirring occasionally.
5. Mix flour with nutmeg, black pepper and thyme leaves in a bowl.
6. Sprinkle the mixture evenly on the meat, and stir a bit.
7. For about 30 seconds, let the mixture get toasted a bit.
8. Pour the beef broth and red wine.
9. Keep stirring till everything boils and somewhat thickens.
10. Set heat low, and put a covering and allow simmering for about 20 minutes.
11. In case sauce gets very thick, add a small portion of beef broth or water.
12. Start cooking the noodles somewhere else as the meat cooks.
13. Once noodles are tender, combine them with everything else and heat.
GET MORE STUFF LIKE THIS
IN YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
we respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)